- Author: D Unknown
- Posted: December 9, 2013
- Category: Uncategorized
StyleSpotter Launches Social Discovery Engine For Fashion On iPad
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 9, 2013 ZipfWorks, a media incubator based in Santa Monica, today announced the availability of StyleSpotter, an advanced fashion search engine accessible via native iPad app and mobile-friendly website. The company has developed powerful tagging, filtering and search algorithms designed to make it easier to find, compare and browse fashion items from virtually any popular online retailer.
Built in partnership with hundreds of top fashion stores including Bloomingdale’s, UNIQLO, Banana Republic and 7 for All Mankind, StyleSpotter maintains a real-time updated database containing almost a half a million fashion products. The app enables the following key features:
- Advanced search and filtering. Users can search and browse by color, keyword, brand, pricing, popularity and social graph data (friends and relationships).
- Price comparison and tracking. The app tracks prices at hundreds of retailers. If an item is available at multiple stores, users can compare the latest prices. StyleSpotter will notify users whenever a favorited item drops in price at any online store.
- Similar item matching. StyleSpotter’s algorithm is capable of comparing any given item to hundreds of thousands of items in its database, surfacing the most similar results. This enables users to conveniently cross-browse hundreds of stores from one app.
While the market for fashion discovery apps is competitive, StyleSpotter was designed to differentiate itself by providing a higher quality experience through superior technology. Key differentiators include:
- Robust technology platform. Built on top of leading edge technologies such as Scala, MongoDB, Solr and Neo4j, StyleSpotter is a true technology platform at heart. Users will experience a significant difference when searching and comparing products on StyleSpotter vs competing apps in terms of speed, comprehensiveness and quality of results.
- Greater coverage of women’s fashion stores and products. StyleSpotter’s database contains almost half a million women’s fashion products, and is growing rapidly every day. The app’s singular focus on women’s fashion and high coverage of stores makes it among the most comprehensive search apps for women’s fashion items.
- Real-time price monitoring. StyleSpotter’s price monitoring system tracks tens of thousands of items every day, bringing users the latest prices and real-time notifications of when items go on sale or clearance.
ZipfWorks, based in Santa Monica, is a technology firm focused on building next-generation online commerce experiences. The company operates as a media incubator, building new services in-house, conducting market acceptance testing, then investing to grow select services to mainstream adoption